Sunday, October 12, 2008

God's form on Earth

Being religious in nature, many people have asked me whether I have seen God in person. At first, I used to avoid answering this question, as I always thought that the relationship of one with God is personal and shouldn’t be made public. On the other hand, I was also contemplating whether if they could accept my answer to this rather weird question. This made me mum in silence for a very long time.

The silence that I had observed helped me realize the true place where god resides. The scriptures were never wrong, when they uttered that God Is the creator. As for me, I can only see God in the form of my parents. They had created me, protected me, guided me, educated me and now let me free to create my own world. I feel that our parents are the God that is known to us with a form which we are able to relate to easily as humans.

You may argue with me using the point that God is everlasting. Well like chapters to a book, in phases of life, God takes various forms to continue being with us. However, it is important that we value God in all forms that the lord chooses to take in our lives, especially in the form of our parents. In life we are obligated to carry out duties righteously which fruit from self imposed responsibilities. However, notice here that the only responsibility that was ever asked upon was the responsibility of a child towards his or her parents. It is a responsibility that we were born with and must carry out.

Our parents never had expected anything from us. Even if they had, it was only to make us better and successful beings. This is the only love that is true and is unconditional in nature. I feel that we as children should never forget them forever. We don’t have to buy them huge gifts, as the mere thought of calling or a simple kiss on their cheeks, will give them a purpose to live longer in their old age. For those who are studying, remember the hardship they had gone through to enable us to achieve our dreams. Don’t put their hardship to waste, as you would make the many dirty plates that your mother had washed fruitless. If you are working, remember that every penny that you are earning came from them breaking their bones for you.

When I started to earn, I was desperate to repay my parents, especially my mother who had made me the person I am today. Unfortunately at that time, she was already on her dying bed. However, I didn’t give up as I knew that I could still serve her in the short period that we had together. I still remember buying her favorite croissant which she would munch at the end of every month as soon as I received my salary. I could only buy her four croissants, before she left me for a better place. I hope you all will be in better fate in repaying your parents, before losing them forever.

Life may be temporary, but it is in this temporary period that our hearts are touched by many. Don’t forget the people that have touched our hearts or you might lose them forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic. I agree with u. I think we all should take it into our mind.