Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Race ....

When everyone thinks that the hope is lost, it is only then miracles do happen.

Life today has become very competitive … until … achievements are all that matters. I sit here today, writing this post because I feel that I have forgotten something important in life. It is years now, I like you, have joined the race to become the best. Competing in everything and anything possible, today… all of a sudden my heart felt a pinch that slapped my mind out of its competitiveness into reality.

No doubt, being competitive made me work hard and fortunately my hard work during the last few years did not go fruitless. For instance, today I work for one of the country’s best aviation company with a decent pay. Besides that, I have met a beautiful girl that shows me much love, in addition to the continuous love poured by my wonderful family and friends. Isn’t this all a man coming from a middle class background would want to achieve ... Well, it wasn’t so for me two days ago after seeing how the rich and famous lived ….

Sigh … we had always automatically found new limits to achieve after making over the old ones and this had made our life become a race. Don’t get me wrong, in life, it is import to have competition but life itself should not be a competition. I sometimes feel that god tried explaining this to man but unfortunately man was never listening nor noticing. Before you read the next line, look at your palm. Notice something … Even though our creator was perfect, he made all five fingers of ours different in size and shape. It is only because they are different; we are able to grasp things well with our hands.

Hence … don’t you think we were all meant to be different in order to maintain the stability of our human race? We should not try to be someone we are not because in the process of being that person we will lose our own identity and move further from the purpose of our birth. We are all unique and had been given abilities that will allow us to achieve the purpose of our birth. Rather than to compete with our counterparts we should look within and seek our own strength. Only then, we can achieve satisfaction in all that we perform.

Before I end this post, I want to say that I am truly sorry that I have not written in a while. However, my absence allowed me to realize that being the best is not as import as being my true self. Life is not a race, don’t run through it or you will regret one day for not living it.

Fill me in with your thoughts ….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one..."We should not try to be someone we are not because in the process of being that person we will lose our own identity and move further from the purpose of our birth" Love this line a lot...

Ahilan said...

Thanks ... sometimes one person commenting on my post makes me happy that ppl actually appreciate my thoughts :)

Vanitha Chandrasegaram said...

Good one. Well said :-)

kokula kumari said...

But I still feel challenges makes life way much more interesting and there's a thrill to strive towards a race and win the race...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Heys, when's your next blog coming up? We miss you..