Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Behavioral Theory

This thought was bugging me all week long but I just couldn’t find the time to pen it down. It was triggered by noticing the change of behavior that my aunty and uncle recently displayed. I am a person that does not enjoy visiting relatives especially if I have to travel to see them. Though being with them is really fun but the thought of traveling really irritates me. Hence, my uncles and aunties would only see me once or twice annually.

The last time I visited this particular aunty and uncle was a year and a half ago. At that time the change of behavior was not so prominent. I remember my aunty being very soft spoken and lady like a few years back. At that time, my uncle was the commanding person and the manly figure of the house. However when I visited them last weekend, I noticed that as my aunty aged she became more commanding and manly. On the other hand, as my uncle aged he became more soft spoken and lady like. This observation made me very restless as I knew that it is not because of queen control that this change is taking place. Hence, I observed other couples and noticed similar changes in them too.

Could these findings be pointing to an undiscovered behavioral theory …. that a man would live like a man but would die a woman and a woman would live like a woman but would die a man….If this theory is true, then man and woman were created to age in opposite gender behavioral characteristic. This theory would further fuel the famous saying that a woman lives within every man and a man lives within every woman. Hence, the next question that probably needs to be answered is that why in the first place a woman starts behaving like a woman and not like a man or vice versa.

Well it is probably culture, society and the environment that had help maintain a woman and a man’s behavioral characteristics as present. However, nature is such that it will find a balance in all that it consumes and hence this explains why the behavioral changes take place slowly as we age. The thing that is assured that we do not need to be a woman to behave like one or we do not need to be a man to behave like one . Eliminating the physical anatomy barriers, whatever a man can do, a woman is certainly able to do. Nevertheless, the true beauty of a particular gender is to maintain the behavioral qualities, characteristics and attributes of that gender so that the uniqueness of mankind prevails.

I guess it is safe to say now that we certainly do not need a man or a woman externally to complete our life …. as both these genders are actually living within us.

No comments: