Sunday, November 23, 2008

Perfection or Sincerity ........

When I first penned my thoughts on this blog, there was only one thing on my mind. I wanted my writings to be able to touch the hearts of my readers and provided them solutions to the problems that I had faced. At first, I used to directly write my post on the write pad provided by Blogspot. Most of the time after each post, I used to be very contented knowing that I had written my hearts out. After a while I noticed that the sincerity of the content was never important as compared to the grammar of the post. I was told that writing is an art and only a few can master it. At that point, I knew that I was not a good writer and needed to improve. I took these critics positively and started to improve my grammar. Though now my writing is not perfect but I believe that it had tremendously improved as to before. However, now when I type my post it doesn’t allow me to freely express myself as I am conscious of the public's perfection needs.

Well the fact is that for perfection to be achieved sincerity has to be sacrificed. This is because perfection is a value set by the society and sincerity on the other hand is the measurement of one’s truthful thought or action. Hmmm …. Ever asked yourself when was the last time you had chose your own clothing and bought it because you actually liked it. Well we make all the decision till we enter the shop but when it comes to choosing the clothes; we always trust the opinion of the person next to us. It just seems like the decisions that we make is always based on the society rather than our own true self. We live life today for the society and not for ourselves. This is really sad because if we continue living this way, we would not be able to make sincere decision as all our decision will be made on the basis to impress others.

It’s clear that the society does not value the sincerity of one’s action. All that matter to them is that if the action is not perfect then it’s not worth having the person there. This is an often scenario that happens in our workplace or even in love. The moment something messes up, the sincerity of us being in the relationship from the start or the sincere prior work performance does not matter anymore. Fearing the society, people start to act as someone they are not just to impress others. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you are living a lie? What is the point of living a lie because you would just make this short life... shorter. I don’t intend to lie to myself anymore but telling the truth sometimes gets one into serious trouble. She had always told me not to lie but can she except the truth of this sincere love I have for her. Will she worry of the society and what they will brand her for leaving her love ones just to unite with me? These were some of the questions that I asked myself for weeks….

She broke her silence two days ago by letting me know her sincere heartfelt. I was upset hearing the truth but I knew I couldn’t blame her for not feeling the same way towards me. She wasn’t scared about the society but she was scared that I would not be able to accept this truth. Hence, she hid this truth so that I could be happy with her for a few months. Knowing that she will be leaving soon, made me feel that my sincere love did not mean anything to her as it was not perfect….but let us think again, which girl will take the risk of jeopardizing her own love just to make another guy happy for a few months .She made the sincerity of my love worthy by transcending it into happiness which allowed me to build my confidence to face the world later. I thought sincerity has lost its meaning, but so long true love exist sincerity will never fade its colors. In search of perfection, never neglect your true sincere self as that is all that you will bring to that better place.

No comments: