Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Confession

I am sorry for the long absences; I hardly had time to do anything lately. Today, I have a confession to make. I thought it will be great to make it here, where thousands are reading. In this way, people will not make the same mistake that I have made and wouldn’t have to go through the reality that follows this mistake.

My trip to India had thought me the true meaning of humility. I learnt this from the beggars that often crowded me at the entrance of each temple that I had visited. It is never easy to beg as a beggar drops his or her pride to the lowest level in getting whatever they intend. Our egos most of the time would be the hindrance for us to do the same. Hence, today I will be like a beggar dropping my pride to admit this one truth publicly.

I had always thought myself as being the most important person in any organization or group that I am part of … may it be at the office or at home or simply with friends. I always thought that without me things would crumble and won’t be able to go on. I am not justifying my mistake but my past is partly to be blamed as it had often fueled this strange thought of mine. For example, when I left my previous company, after a few months down the road, they nearly close down. Often undergoing similar outcomes, this self importance feeling grew stronger until I termed myself as being the A-factor to the success of an organizations.

However things are different now. Ever since I started being an observer of life, I realize that with or without you life will somehow go on. Putting importance to your existence makes you attached to the play of life. This attachment further inflicts desires which will be the root cause of later unhappiness. In this temporary journey anything that changes in time is unreal and so is this form that is covering our true self. We will continue to go in circles if we ignore this truth of life. Hence, it is wise to be an observer for once rather than reacting to every situation happening in front of you. For example, do you think no one else would give a seat to an old lady in a crowded bus? I am sure someone will if you don’t stand up.

Well now my sleepy eyes are dragging my tired mind to a different wonderland. Hence, I think I better stop the preaching of this beautiful thought here. Last but not least, always remember that we cannot undo the past, but we can change the way we think today to help us shape a better future. I hope, you would drop a comment telling me what you think of this new perception of mine, as sharing is caring…. Thanx.

4 comments:

Sanjay said...

but remember one thing..youre special in your own way and no one can play your role better than you...

Anonymous said...

Nicey Nicey....Keep it up ahilan!!

Anonymous said...

a very interesting thought!

Vanitha Chandrasegaram said...

I'm with you on that... Very well written :)